Provides leadership and direction to Security Officers at assigned client site(s) on assigned shift(s).addionally,performs duties of Security Officer within scope of assignment. Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Conducts periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Maintains strict access control of the premises. Preserves order and may act to enforce Client policies, procedures and practices for the site as it pertains to employees, contractors, vendors, visitors, and guests.
Provides basic supervisory direction to Security Officers while on shift and performs other duties of a more responsible and demanding level, as consistent with rank title, as defined by client contract.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Performs the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.
- Provides shift leadership on assigned shift(s); acts to ensure that post orders are followed, that assigned shift duties and rounds are completed, and that reports are completed in a timely manner; handles notification calls to proper authorities and client representatives in emergency situations.
- May coach and counsel Security Officers as appropriate; submits recommended disciplinary actions to company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with Officers and documents coaching and counseling actions.
- Assists in the training and testing of new and existing Security Officers and takes corrective action to correct knowledge or skill deficiency.
- Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
- In conjunction with designated company representatives acts to ensure Officers are assigned to all required post slots and that adequate coverage of all posts is maintained, as required by client contract.
- Composes, prepares, edits, files and submits various reports as required.
- Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline duties, tasks and responsibilities.
- Meets with client representatives, as needed, to review service delivery and provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and quality of service is consistent.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out lead or supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring, disciplinary, and termination recommendations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., home or cellphone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Valid Driver license
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
H.S. diploma or G.E.D., and 3 year of security-related experience sufficient to meet the requirements of the assigned site, as determined by the company. Some college units are desired for this position as well.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be compliant with and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be willing and able to qualify and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned site.
- Knowledge of security operations, standard practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques, practices and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive direction, motivate Officer Performance and attain goals.
- Operational understanding of a variety of security and safety devices, and controls.
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track, coordinate, and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to act as an effective team leader and provide direction and attain results.
- Ability to maintain, a calm and professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Attentive and courteous manner in dealing with others.
- Ability to adapt to various site conditions and evolving changes in post procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Committed customer service ethic and drive to attain results.
- Developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and from diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements and site-specific requirements.
- Directing, coaching and counselling staff in a positive manner.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, while maintaining direction and focus.
- Continuing to evolve keyboarding, basic computer usage, and operating equipment and system controls as technology changes.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and across uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or transporting up to 10 pounds, occasional transporting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and additional lifting and/or transporting ability as might be required for the assigned site.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Correctable to 20/30.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activities.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.