Introduction: American Custom Private Security, Inc. is a California for-profit corporation, established in April of 2008. ACPS has expertise in providing physical security services to a number of various customers to include among others: Government agencies, call centers, industrial complexes, distribution centers, financial institutions, high-rises, special events and parking facilities. We provide access control including ingress and egress, commodity control, asset control, security consulting services, mobile and foot patrol services, CCTV and alarm monitoring and specialized security services.
- Review contracts/task order by each job and ensure customers are properly set up and invoiced in the billing system.
- Ensure that billing is set up to meet Revenue Recognition and other Accounting Policies.
- Address and handle non-standard, complex billing specifically including Professional Services billing
- Work across departments to research and resolve escalated customer disputes and exceptions on billings
- Drive process improvements including working with business partners and other departments
- Work with other departments on the development and implementation of improvements to billing and accounting systems
- Support audit requirements on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Perform special projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree and/or Accounting qualifications preferred
- 3+ years' broad experience within accounting/billing environment, preferably for a software company or in a subscription billing environment.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -paced, dynamic setting
- Ability to work in multiple systems and quickly move from one system to another
- Prepare customers’ bills and mail to customers.
- Review invoices to identify any errors before invoice delivery.
- Compile and maintain documents and records of all billings.
- Process and monitor bills related credit memos.
- Initiate and establish new procedures in billing tasks.
- Improvise existing billing procedures to avoid recurrence of errors.
- Update all billing procedures.
- Monitor online payments, credit card or bank transfer payments.
- Handle billing inquiries from the customers.
- Manage aged bills and inform customers regarding payments.
- Maintain and update customers’ database.
- Prepare weekly monthly or periodic reports of all billings.
- Assist the accounts department in preparing account statements and financial reports.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise 2019 or higher
- A minimum 3 years direct billing experience is required
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of GAAP and Audit concepts and requirements
- Interest and aptitude to work with high volume of data processing
- Able to function independently as well as with a team effectively
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations, understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
American Custom Private Security, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.