Introduction: American Custom Private Security, Inc. is a California for-profit corporation, established in April of 2008. ACPS has expertise in providing physical security services to a number of various customers to include among others: Government agencies, call centers, industrial complexes, distribution centers, financial institutions, high-rises, special events and parking facilities. We provide access control including ingress and egress, commodity control, asset control, security consulting services, mobile and foot patrol services, CCTV and alarm monitoring and specialized security services.
JOB SUMMARY:Utilizes appropriate marketing and sales methodologies to develop profitable business in security services in an assigned Region or business segment; follows-up regularly with clients to assess satisfaction with services and to identify additional business opportunities; strives to achieve sales goals.
Distinguishing Characteristics:Performs outside sales work or closely related activities at least 80% of the time.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Prospects continuously for new clients through a variety of techniques, including telephone solicitation and cold calling.
- Maintains current list of all prospects in electronic database as specified by company.
- Develops pricing and business development strategies in collaboration with and under the direction of Region and/or Area management.
- Works with company sales and marketing department to focus sales efforts on developed and graded leads and in developing campaigns to maximize sales efforts.
- Participates in trade associations and trade shows, and assists in other promotional efforts.
- Analyzes local market to identify market opportunities, prospective companies and associated buyers.
- Follows-up on referrals and self generated leads to identify buyer influences and any timing issues; monitors prospects contract calendars; prepares reports on status of leads and other reports as required.
- Plans prospect visits with appropriate operations personnel, such as the responsible local management.
- Makes sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Solicits orders and processes approved services schedules; strives to achieve sales goals.
- Meets regularly with new clients to assess level of satisfaction with services and to develop a list of strong referrals.
- Develops and submits proposals and responses to RFQs and RFPs issued by prospective clients after obtaining pricing and specifications approval from management as appropriate.
- Enhances and maintains business development skills through participating in a variety of training programs as assigned.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
Education/Experience:Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of business-to-business selling experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Skill in persuasive oral and written communications, including effective executive-level presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business development.
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence, even when confronted with rejection.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and prospects.
- Ability to analyze sales data and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, clients, prospects, and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent local and regional/national travel to client sites for presentations, meetings, and visits.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving of presentation materials up to 20 pounds.
American Custom Private Security, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.