AMERICAN CUSTOM PRIVATE SECURITY, INC.
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Introduction: American Custom Private Security, Inc. is a California for-profit corporation, established in April of 2008. ACPS has expertise in providing physical security services to a number of various customers to include among others: Government agencies, call centers, industrial complexes, distribution centers, financial institutions, high-rises, special events and parking facilities. We provide access control including ingress and egress, commodity control, asset control, security consulting services, mobile and foot patrol services, CCTV and alarm monitoring and specialized security services.
- Candidate must have state guard card registration and or additional permits.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Minimum 18 years of age (21 years of age for some positions)
- High school diploma or GED
- Must communicate in English fluently (read, write, and speak)
- Valid state driver’s license from resident state with safe driving record for past three years (where applicable)
- Prepare clear and concise (readable) reports
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make good decisions
- Must be able to create schedule
- Must be Flexible
- Must be able to work as team leader
- Must be able to handle escalate calls and situation
- Good customer service skills (ability to get along with others)
- Professional appearance at all times
- Ability to observe surroundings and situations and report accurately and timely
- Must be able to work an outdoor environment
- Must be able to frequent Sit, walk and/or stand for long period of time
- Must be able to complete required and/or additional training
- Be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if you were in the military
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Supervises Security Officers, Lead Officers and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports are filed.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client’s site using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required
American Custom Private Security, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Experience in physical security, military service, law enforcement or a related field, sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company